Products (for promotion or sale) / Info / Catalog
General Tone: either warm or cool are fine depending on the kind of product being promoted/sold and the audience its being advertised to
Site Background: most commonly white, sometimes off-white or light gray unless dark theme has been requested
Use circular geometric sans, blocky sans or bold serif in the hero paired with sans serif, or slab subheadings
- Background: white, gray, black or transparent – or white with top bar using site’s primary color as the background
- Height (pixels): no more than 150px tall, or vertical header
- Main Elements: logo, primary navigation, search
- Optional Elements: top bar/banner, secondary navigation, shop icons – cart, account, location, etc.
- Sticky (Y/N): use only if specifically requested and if the following criteria apply: header is less than 80px tall or all optional header elements are in a hamburger menu
The following are header and top bar template suggestions based on the components of the templates that match with the research done by site vertical. These are only suggestions, other headers not listed can also be used if the content provided by the customer fits those better.
If you use a certain header from this list, make sure to read its details and setup to see whether or not it should be paired with a top bar. Be mindful not to repeat elements in both a header and top bar combination.
The following are the most common elements found in footers of this site vertical:
- an abundance of menus
- email subscription form for lead generation
- social icons
The following are footer template suggestions based on the components of the templates that match with the research done by site vertical. These are only suggestions, other footers not listed can also be used if the content provided by the customer fits those better. Feel free use these as base templates and add/remove or adjust positioning of the elements within them per request of the customer or per their site goal.
- Height: 1/2 to 3/4 screen height is standard, however, use hero media to make layout decision
- Background: image/parallax or products/deals slider are most common – other hero options may be used and styled if they are requested
- Text alignment: left or center are standard – use page layout flow guidelines to change it if hero media better suits a different alignment
- Call to action (Y/N): any kind of cta is required in the top-fold unless specifically requested not to, or if a wireframe is being replicated that doesn’t include one
- Element Padding: regular/normal padding (20px-40px)
Home Hero Templates
The following homepage hero layouts are only suggestions based on the kinds of hero layouts recorded during design research per vertical. Ultimately, the media chosen for the hero row background will determine what kind of hero layout will work best. You can also pair the hero with a row separator or create a layout of your choosing that isn't shown here, if the content and media provided by the customer fits it better.
Relevant Site Templates
The following are site template suggestions for built-in post types like blogs or products based research done by site vertical. These are only suggestions, other templates not listed can also be used or pages/templates can be custom built if the content provided by the customer fits those better. If you use a certain template from this list, make sure to read its details and setup to see how it should be configured and/or modified.