Troubleshooting Critical Errors on a Single Page
If you run into a critical error on a single page, please make sure you are doing the following before submitting a Technical Clarification.
Step 1. Increase PHP Memory
Adding a .user.ini file to increase the PHP memory limit often helps with site speed and upload issues. Please follow the steps outlined in this article to increase the limit: https://styleguide.wdsgallery.com/increasing-php-memory-limit/
Note: Be sure you are removing the plugin after the upload is complete.
Step 2. Flush the Cache
You can flush GD cORe cache in a couple places in the WordPress dashboard.
- Hover over the “GD cORe” menu item in the top black admin bar, and click the “Clear Site Cache” option.
- Click GD cORe in the left menu bar. Next to “Flush All Cache (hummingbird, mwp and beaver builder)” Click the blue “Flush” link.
Note: Give this a moment to process. your screen should refresh when it is complete.
Step 3. Submit a Technical Clarification
Make sure you are only submitting a Technical Clarification AFTER all the previous steps have been completed. Be sure to include the following items in your Technical Clarification:
- A detailed explanation of the issue (slow builder is not enough)
- The steps taken to resolve the issue
- A complete traceroute
- A Speed test that is run to “Ashburn, VA” via SpeedTest.net