Access Denied Error | Firewall
What to do if you get an “Access Denied – GoDaddy Website Firewall” error
When working on WordPress sites you may occasionally encounter an error message that looks like the screenshot below. This simply means the customer has added an extra layer of security for their website and you will need to be granted access.
What should you do?
You will need to connect from a whitelisted IP address. Follow the steps below:
- Connect to your employer-provided VPN
- Attempt to access the site again.
What if I get the same error message again?
If you still cannot access the site after connecting to your employer provided VPN then that means your employer’s IP addresses still need to be whitelisted for this customer. Please complete the following steps:
- Take a screenshot of the error WHILE you are connected to the VPN.
Please note: The IP address displayed in the error message should be your employer-provided VPN IP address. If the address does NOT match our list of approved VPN IP address then the ticket will be returned to you.
- Open a clarification ticket. For the Clarification Type fields select “Access Issues…” and then “Security or Firewall”. Attach the screenshot of the error message containing your VPN IP address along with an explanation of the issue.
- The ticket will be returned after your employer’s IP addresses have been whitelisted.