Using the Sidebar Widget on Builder/Themer Pages
You can enable a sidebar in Beaver Builder Theme and configure what appears in it. Here are some facts about how the Beaver Builder Theme sidebar works.
- You can enable the sidebar for the blog section of your website (archives and posts), or to individual pages on your site, or both.
- By default, there is only a single sidebar, and it’s called the Primary sidebar. You can choose the widgets that appear in the sidebar, but whatever you choose, they will appear on any page for which the sidebar is enabled.
- If you want to vary the content that appears on your sidebar pages, you need a plugin or custom code.
- If you want more control over where the sidebar appears in the layout, use the Page Builder Sidebar module or the WordPress Widgets module in a column.
- Most of the above is obsolete and can be accomplished using Beaver Themer and the Sidebar module. The module is still controlled by the Beaver Builder widgets and would be customized there (see instructions below).
Configure the widgets in the Primary Sidebar:
If you enable the Beaver Builder Theme’s sidebar to appear on your blog or static pages, the theme’s Primary Sidebar will be displayed. You can use any widgets you like in the Primary Sidebar:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets in the WordPress admin panel
Enable the sidebar throughout your blog:
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Content > Blog layout.
- Set Sidebar position to Sidebar left or Sidebar right.
- Choose the Sidebar size. If you choose Custom, you can adjust the percent width of the sidebar column.
- Choose the size of device to display your sidebar in Sidebar display – Desktop only or Always.
If you choose Always, on smaller devices a left sidebar will appear before the page content, and a right sidebar will appear after the page content.
- Click Save & Publish.
Use the sidebar on individual static pages:
- Follow the instructions in the previous procedure to enable the sidebar in the Blog layout setting in Customizer.
- For each page on which you want the sidebar to appear, open the page in the WordPress editor (not Page Builder), and in the Page Attributes section, change the Template field to Sidebar.
- Again, this is somewhat obsolete now that we can use Beaver Themer.
Submitted by Jason Cullen – Source: