Cookie Notice – GDPR
We enable it, if customer chooses to display a notice for GDPR compliance during the send-up. We use the default script unless specified.
Use Cookie Notice for GDPR to inform users that a cookie is being placed to track data and will allow site visitors to accept or revoke their data being tracked.
Use this plugin on sites to enable the GDPR cookie notice if this feature is requested by the customer. Use the default cookie notice unless they provide us with a statement of their own. Style the notice to match the site’s aesthetic.
- Download the .zip file from vendor package builder if working on a V2 build, else ignore this step.
- Go to: PWS Core > Plugins > Cookie Notice > install
- Activate the extension.
- Go to: Settings > Cookie Notice
- Follow next steps for Configuration
- Cookie notice plugin is automatically added to all sites with PWS Core however, it is not installed or activated automatically
- If during the intake process, the customer chooses to enable the cookie notice, the builder will install and activate the plugin via the PWS Core interface
- In the plugin settings, adjust the message and the custom acceptance button text as needed
- Message: Enter the messages in the textbox. HTML markup can be used to further customize the text.
- Button Text: The text entered here will be displayed inside the button. HTML markup cannot be used.
- Link Target: This option specifies how the More Info Link is displayed when the button is clicked by a user. If _blank is selected, it opens the page in a new window or tab. If _self is selected, it takes you directly to the page.
- On Scroll: This option enables the acceptance of the cookies while the user scrolls. After user scrolls a defined number of pixels, the notice will be treated as accepted and the cookie notice bar will disappear.
- Cookie Expiry: This option specifies how long a cookie should be stored for. When selected a drop-down menu with expiration times appear.
- Deactivation: This option will remove all plugin data if the plugin is deactivated.
- Position: This option specifies the location of the Cookie Notice, either at the top or the bottom. Note, if “On Scroll” is enabled the position will be fixed. The default position for the notice is the footer.
- Animation: This option specifies how the Cookie Notice will appear: None, Fade, or Slide. The default is Fade.
- Button Style: Button styles can be customized as either None, WordPress, or Bootstrap. The button style selected applies across all buttons on the Cookie Notice. Individual buttons are unable to have different styles.
- Colors: This option allows color customization of both the text and the bar. The default for text is white and for the bar is black.